Chocolate brownie cake with mocha walnut frosting
Spring is officially here,the clocks went forward one hour last sunday but I am still confused with this weird weather👧
Two weeks ago I threw the boots into the back of the closet,it was such a wonderful warm weather,the trees were blooming... thought the winter has passed and now I'm shoving my feet back into the boots!
After it rained during the whole of last week,finally today the weather broke and the sun shone 🌞 I am eagerly waiting for the spring...
Now,this cake! I know this is not the most beautiful cake I ever made and at the first sight it's quite difficult to guess what's below of that frosting but don't panic🙌,scroll down 👇the page you will find more images.
As I said,it's not pretty but I asure you it's so freakin' delicious and you know why....it's fudgy,chocolatey,rich,decadent,creamy
Everyone loves chocolate brownie,am I right??!! and everyone needs a good chocolate brownie in their recipe arsenal.I am pretty sure you've already saved many recipes on your computer so the next time you'll make your favorite chocolate brownies don't forget to top them with my nescafe frosting recipe.
Just for the record,for this cake I made a classic brownie recipe so it makes no difference if you use my brownie recipe or your own what really matters is the nescafe frosting.
Yield: 6-8 portions
Ingredients for the cake:
- 4 eggs M-L size
- 70g(1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- 200g(1 1/2 stick plus 2 tablespoons)unsalted butter,cut into small pieces
- 200g dark chocolate,chopped
- 150g(3/4 cup)caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a good pinch of salt
Ingredients for Nescafe Frosting :
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) heavy cream
- 150 g (2/3 cup)mascarpone cheese
- 100 g white chocolate,chopped
- 130 g(approx 1/2 cup) dulce de leche
- 2tsp nescafe instant coffee
- toasted walnuts,finely chopped
Directions for the cake layer:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Butter and flour a 22 cm round springform pan.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan with simmering water,stirring in between until the chocolate and butter are completely melted.
- When chocolate mixture has melted,remove the bowl from the simmering water and allow to cool slightly about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile,using an electric whisk the eggs with a good pinch of salt,add the sugar gradually and continue to beat until doubled in size.
- Gently whisk melted chocolate to eggs,beat just until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and gradually fold sifted flour into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until crusty on top.
- Cool in the pan.
Nescafe Frosting :
- Place white chocolate into a bowl over a pan with simmering water stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the heavy cream,mascarpone cheese,nescafe instant coffee and dulce de leche to a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add white chocolate and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and thick about 2-3 minutes.Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours before using.
Assemble the cake:
- Spread nescafe frosting evenly over the top and sides.
- Sprinkle generously with toasted walnuts.
- Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.
That's all, folks!