Cinnamon apple walnut bread
I have both sides,sometimes sweet and other times salty. When I'm craving salty foods I usually make a sandwich,with cheese or ham but when I have a sweet tooth must be something fluffy,moist or fruity.
Something like a cinnamon buns,stuffed brioche or even this apple walnut bread.
When I don't have much time to spend in the kitchen I prefer the last one.
It's quick and simple to prepare(it's made wih pantry staples👍),is loaded with shredded apples,cinnamon and topped with crunchy walnuts,very moist and not too sweet just perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
This is a must have recipe for the breakfast.Plus,you can also use the same batter to make delightful muffins!!!
Yield :10-12 slices
- 190g(1 ½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 3 M-L eggs
- 115g (½ cup)firmely packed brown sugar
- 115ml(1/2 cup)vegetable oil
- 75g(1/3 cup) greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 apple(approx 150g),peeled,cored and grated
- ½ cup walnuts
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Lightly butter and line with parchment paper a 10 x 4 inches (25cm x 11cm) loaf pan.
- Place eggs and brown sugar into a medium size bowl ,beat for about 3-4 minutes until creamy.
- Add greek yogurt and vegetable oil,and with a wire whisk mix briefly to combine.
- Gently mix in the cinnamon,vanilla extract and salt.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Finally, fold grated apple to the batter mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Top with walnuts and bake for 45-55 minutes,until lightly brown on top and the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked,remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
That's all, folks!